Old 02-03-2004, 04:16 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Hops?

The message r_P0c.2479$zu.351@newsfe1-win
from "Andy Hunt" contains these words:

I don't see why not - the bigger problem would be where to put what
grows out of the pot!
My two year old Golden Hop practically covered one side of the house
before I upped it and moved it somewhere where it could ramble more
conveniently.

I didn't realise it was a 'climbing' type plant. I think I may have just the
place for it! My mate says that "challenger" is a good strain of hop,
apparently. But then, he claims that the hop is a close relative of
cannabis, so I'm not really sure how to take his advice!

Hum. Google for hops and look at some of the pics of hopfields. Rather
like acres of fifteen or twenty-foot rows of beans......

You'd need a really decent-sized planter - I'd say about 500 cm, and
feed it well with something like Tomorite.

Hop (Humulus lupulus) is a relative of the mulberry. Hemp used to be
considered to be a relative of the mulberry, but is now more commonly
placed in its own group. Or he might have got the idea from an old use
of the word 'hops' which is/was slang for opium.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/