Old 02-03-2004, 06:01 AM
Loki

Default No blooms on pear trees after 5 years

il Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:38:16 GMT, "Lee's" ha scritto:

Thank you all for your assistance. I will give the pear trees a couple more
years & work to spread the branches.

The other thing too is how to prune but keep the two-year-old wood.
There is a big difference in pruning depending on fruiting wood age.
You may be pruning off the 2-yr-old wood. "They bear fruit on short
spurs and fruit buds on two-year-old wood." I once decimated my grape
harvest for a year due to bad pruning.

"Pears produce a better crop grown with a suitable pollinator
(another variety that flowers at the same time," i.e. early)

--
Cheers,