Old 02-03-2004, 12:32 PM
~ Windsong ~

Default waterlilies and their pots

"Gale Pearce" wrote in message
Hi Carol - I tried the mesh like pots and had the same problem - I

switched
to the semi stiff solid plastic ones - work fine, - I also quit using pea
gravel and went to larger "lake stone" - smooth, 1" - 2" dia - now fish
don't pick up stones and spit them all over pond floor :~

Thanks Gale,
I am using the semi-STIFF square plastic pots. They're made for pond
plants. Even with a fine cloth the clay soil oozes out the sides and
bottom. The butterfly koi in this pond don't bother the gravel much.
--
Carol...
My website: