Old 02-03-2004, 12:49 PM
The Watcher

Default No blooms on pear trees after 5 years

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:00:07 GMT, "Lee's" wrote:

I have a couple pear trees that I purchased from nursery/rootstock 5 and 6
years ago. The oldest was one of those 5-in-1 grafted trees, the other a
Duchess. Both trees are fairly healthy (glossy leaves), and grow a little
bit each year.

I have two of those 5-in-1 trees, and the grafts look like they didn't take. If
you look at the branches you can see where the grafts were inserted into the
pear tree, but I've seen no signs of life from the grafted buds after several
years.
(snip)