Old 02-03-2004, 02:55 PM
~ Windsong ~

Default waterlilies and their pots

"Hal" wrote in message
Lily pots have always been a bit of a problem for me and the best
choice I found was 3 gallon paint buckets, but they fill up in a
season.

** Yep! And with a good fertilizer even before the season ends. They do
seem to prefer what another person already mentioned... large shallow pots.

Last year I tried one lily in part of a 30 gallon plastic barrel and
it bloomed really well. I use garden soil and cover it with stones.
I do wonder how I'm going to get it out of the pond when I have to
re-pot, probably next year.

** With a crane! :-) That's why I never use anything without at least
one drainage hole in the bottom. I lug it to the side and sit it there until
most of the water drains out so it's a manageable weight. But a 30 gallon
barrel???!?!?!!?
--
Carol...
My website: