Old 02-03-2004, 03:04 PM
~ Windsong ~

Default waterlilies and their pots

"Gary" wrote in message
om...
I have over 100 blooms every season.
Anyway, I've had this plant for about 10 years now, and when it starts
to get out of control, I just hack part of it off and give it to
friends who have ponds. People sometimes shudder when they hear about
how roughly I treat my lilies, but these plants are tough as hell, so
I don't worry about them. They are just beautiful year after year
with almost no special care.

Surely your lilies are rooted into the rock and feed on debris down at the
bottom. My lilies are in rubber lined ponds that are cleaned out at least
every other year. There isn't much to root into on the liners. And for
added interest I move the plants around a little each spring. I have little
choice but to grow them in some kind of pots.
--
Carol...
My website: