Old 02-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Morphet

Default Planting a tree near a house

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:13:21 +1100, Terry Collins
wrote:

How big will it be?

um...as big as a lemon tree? I don't really want to prune it back
unless I really have to....so it can grow and much as it wants to
without fear of amputation by me.

5m away sounds good to me. To make sure it has plenty of sun and
watering it isn't wetting ground near house.

Yep, done that.

Have you planned your entire back yard?

No, water restrictions in Melbourne don't allow watering of lawns, and
money restrictions in my wallet don't allow the purchase of many
plants/landscaping, so for the moment my back lawn is devoid of
anything apart from lots of dirt and 1 lemon tree.

It would be wiser before planting the lemon tree.

oh, tell me that now.... g