Old 02-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Keith Dancey

Default Preventing regrowth of horsetails.

In article , Mike writes:

We have a rather nasty patch of horsetails which has crept under our
boundary fence from the jungle next-door.

The main problem part is about 3m x 5m where the 'tails sprout from
the gaps inbetween our patio slabs. The gaps are only 1-3mm wide.

This year, I am trying to be better prepared for our annual battle
with these monsters. I was wondering if there is any chemical or
weedkiller that I can pour liberally down these gaps that may hinder
the growth of the 'tails when spring comes around.

You could try repeated applications of "Pathclear" but I wouldn't hold out
too much hope. Horsetail has a cuticle which does not take up much herbicide,
and it could have a huge root run which is very difficult to kill.

I have lived with the stuff for years:-}

They are also in the lawn but keeping the grass short masks them quite
well.

Indeed.

Best of luck:-)

Cheers,

keith

---
Iraq: 5 thousand million pounds, 60 lives, and counting...
The Politicians will now seek to blame the Spooks.