Old 02-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Hal

Default waterlilies and their pots

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 02:01:00 -0600, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

** With a crane! :-) That's why I never use anything without at least
one drainage hole in the bottom. I lug it to the side and sit it there until
most of the water drains out so it's a manageable weight. But a 30 gallon
barrel???!?!?!!?

Yes, it is a nice size. Don't let the term barrel throw you, it is
only about 19" in diameter and a bit over 6" deep. (A mere 10 gallon
container.) I did put three holes near the top for a rope cradle just
in case I have to use a saw horse and long pole to lift it out.
I'm pretty excited about the way the lily in it bloomed last year and
looking forward to adding another pot like it this year.

Regards,

Hal