Old 02-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Bog garden

I have outflow from a pond I built directed towards the bog land. The water
hits the bog, spreads out and then refunnels at the other side and continues
on to the community creek.

"Richard Holub" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Sam Hopkins wrote:
If you build a small bog for your pond it's not going to stink.Walk by

some
cattails and see if it stinks. It most likely won't. Yank out a few

cattails
and you'll see that it'll start to stink though.

I built a large wetland/bog area (1.5 acres). It doesn't stink unless

I'm
down in it pulling stuff up for research purposes.

Sam

Sam,

Do you have a high water table on your bog land or did you have to close
it in somehow to retain the water. I was thinking on excavating my bog
to 18"D and filling most of the area with 3/8" stone so that I would
have it easier to pull thin out the area of unwanted plants. Perhapps I
should go a little deeper.

Rich Holub