Old 02-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Mike Crossland

Default Hops?

There have been a few interesting hop varieties available to brewers
including would you believe, 'Long Square Garlic'. Still the best two
varieties for me are Fuggles and Goldings, or, depending on the
type of beer your friend wishes to make, a mixture of both.
If your friend wants a beer with aroma, he should choose Goldings.
Hop amounts vary with the type of beer. For a good bitter with lots of
character, use 1 1/2oz of Goldings to the gallon.
I wish your friend luck with his hops and beer, and now wonder why
I have never thought of growing my own.

M.C.
---
"Andy Hunt" wrote in a message:
A friend of mine suggested having a go at making some organic beer, from
scratch. I hope he knows what he's doing.