Old 02-03-2004, 11:45 PM
martin

Default Grass fly-tipper hit hard in pocket

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:36:07 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:57:38 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Some areas of the UK do have the kind of trucks that grab a wheely-bin
and empty it, but the ones I've seen are never operated by one person
alone. There's a driver, plus a team of fetchers who move the bins to
the grab and remove them afterwards.

Ah. That's what we had 'til a few years ago.

Not than anyone cares, but here's a picture of the local arrangement.

http://www.hampton.va.us/publicworks...r_garbage.html

Looks like the same as we have in Zuid Holland. There's a letter in
the current Dutch Consumer Association magazine from some one
complaining, that they used their own container, instead of the one
provided. The bin men chucked the container and it's contents in the
back of the garbage truck and crushed it.
The local bye-law says anything put out that's not in a provided
rubbish bin will be treated as rubbish :-)
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad