Old 02-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Preventing regrowth of horsetails.

In article , Mike
writes
Hi,

We have a rather nasty patch of horsetails which has crept under our
boundary fence from the jungle next-door.

The main problem part is about 3m x 5m where the 'tails sprout from
the gaps inbetween our patio slabs. The gaps are only 1-3mm wide.

This year, I am trying to be better prepared for our annual battle
with these monsters. I was wondering if there is any chemical or
weedkiller that I can pour liberally down these gaps that may hinder
the growth of the 'tails when spring comes around.

If you do, make sure you scrunch up the foliage first to break down the
protective surface (silicon, is it?) or the weedkiller won't do anything
at all.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.