Old 02-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Preventing regrowth of horsetails.

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi,

We have a rather nasty patch of horsetails which has crept under our
boundary fence from the jungle next-door.

The main problem part is about 3m x 5m where the 'tails sprout from
the gaps inbetween our patio slabs. The gaps are only 1-3mm wide.

This year, I am trying to be better prepared for our annual battle
with these monsters. I was wondering if there is any chemical or
weedkiller that I can pour liberally down these gaps that may hinder
the growth of the 'tails when spring comes around.

They are also in the lawn but keeping the grass short masks them quite
well.

Thanks for any advice!

Try Sodium Chlorate. But remember that it is a *total* weedkiller.
Chlorate, not chloride

Franz