Old 03-03-2004, 01:03 AM
V_coerulea

Default Server Down??

I believe Atlantic.net is a major ISP in your area supporting newsgroups.
It's based in FL and serves a lot of the SE US.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
om...
Hi, Gang,

I feel like an exile! Yesterday when I went to log on to rgo I got a
dialogue box asking for a password (never happened before). To make a
long story endless, I have tried just about everything, including two
calls to Earthlink and lots of reconfiguration and new news accounts.
No dice; keep getting the same infernal password request. I can't
even download the news group list. The same is true for abpo. Email
is fine, no probs.

Earthlink says (although they tried hard to help, I must say) that
they do not support news groups.

Is there a server down somewhere that anyone knows of? I'm writing via
Google Groups. Any ideas? And if Earthlink doesn't support the news
groups, maybe it's time for a new service. Which ones "support" news
groups?

Help if y'all can......

Diana (On a happier note, C. amethystoglossa has ten buds, more than
ever before!)