Old 03-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Janice

Default Viney questions

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:25:58 GMT, wrote:

Regarding wild vines: I live in the Central Florida area and there is
a wild vine which has overtaken the vacant lot next to mine. It's
blooming on the top of the trees and looks like yellow Carolina
Jasmine -- but there is no fragrance. Any idea what it might be? The
vines have grown 30 feet in length to cross the wooded floor of the
lot and reach the canopy of a tall tree. It's pretty breath-taking.

And yet another question: I'm trying to find a vine that I can
control and put in a flower box with trellis, but there's nothing
small enough that I can find in the stores. Any suggestions?

thunbergia .. black eyed susan vine (there's a light ..maybe white..
version of the vine too)