Old 03-03-2004, 12:47 PM
jane

Default Long handled tools

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:25:12 -0000, "Nick Wagg"
wrote:

~"David Hill" wrote in message
~ Called into B & Q to day to price things, and saw the range of long
~handled
~ tools they had, some were pure C**p, the spade in particular with the
~shaft
~ welded to the face of the blade.......
~ Talk about a tool that is guaranteed to clog and get packed with soil.
~Very
~ bad design.
~ I wouldn't have one for 19p let alone over £19.00.
~
~I'm particularly unimpressed by the Wolf-Gerate range of tools, where
~a range of tools can plug into a variety of different handles and long
~poles.
~Sounds like a good idea but the amount of play in the joint is just awful.
~--
~Nick Wagg
~

:-)

Just shows that one man's meat is another's poison. I love my Wolf
tools - they have really made a difference to my gardening since I got
new sharp blades on the hoes etc, and since I have to walk 200m from
th car park to my allotment, it makes a major difference to the amount
I can carry if I only have to lug about one pole with the tools in a
carrier bag. I haven't noticed any wobble either; if anything, I have
difficulty getting them OUT to change over heads.

--
jane

Mark Twain