Old 03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Holka

Default Question about growing Herbs in Pots

Hi

I'm new to the whole gardening thing and want to grow herbs for cooking
purposes. I don't have a garden and so am planning on growing them from
seed in pots on the balcony.

The main herbs I've thought of growing are Parsley, Thyme, Corriander,
Mint, Basil and Rosemary although I'm sure others would be useful.

I really have no idea about this - how many seeds of each should I put in
pots of which sizes? which ones are annual and which pezrennial? which can
I put in pots together (and how)? etc. etc.

I'm sure there is a good book out there somewhere which would explain all
of this for me - any suggestions?

Oh yes, I live in the North West of France (weather similar to the South of
England).

Any ideas, help would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance