Old 03-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Victoria Clare

Default seeds

(Steve Harris) wrote in
:

In article ,
(David W.E. Roberts) wrote:

RTFP

Maybe the OP already has. I have several seed packets here with
no/inadequate instructions.

Same here. Very few of the Chiltern ones come with instructions, for
example.

They assume you Know What You Are Doing, which in my case is a sad mistake
;-)

I've also got several that give instructions that assume equipment I don't
own - for example, a cold frame - or that don't specify when they say
'greenhouse' whether they think I've got a heater or not.

Sometimes the seed people get it wrong, too. Physalis edulis sometimes
comes labelled 'grow like tomatoes' when in fact it needs a lot less
feeding to fruit well than toms.

Victoria