Old 03-03-2004, 05:41 PM
BenignVanilla

Default sign of spring

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
BV, I know what you mean about being so impatient to get
going on the veggie filter. My VF is loaded with
frogs - leaves - and dead plant material. I don't want to
clean it out for fear some of the frogs will be uprooted.
So, I'm playing the waiting game, too.

The filter and waterfall are up and running on the pond - and the fish are
cruising around the perimeter - nibbling on the algae.
Looks so neat.

snip

I am hoping this weekend warms up a bit, so I can get out there and do a few
things. If the VF is thawed, I may just get it ready to start up. Last year
my stream was leaking, so I think while stuff is dry I will add a new layer
of liner over the seam, and then clean the VF and start up the pump. It will
be interesting to see how much of the leaf litter the bottom drain will pull
through to the VF. My first test.

BV.