Old 03-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Extending Water to Pond

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:05:55 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

Right now, when I want to fill the pond, I drag a hose out from the house.
If I wanted to put a spigot out back by the pond, what would be the best
material to use? Can I bury it in the same trench that I am using for an
electrical conduit?

I buried a 1.5" flexible (theoretically!) pipe from the house to the
pond and ran 1/2" electrical conduit in the same trench under it.

Haven't gotten around to it yet, but I plan to run 1/4" tubing (like
that used for refrigerator icemakers) inside the 1.5" line for water.
Since flow volume isn't a big deal for topping up, I think this will
be OK. Still have lots of space to run other low-current wiring & such
through the 1.5" pipe if I want to.

My thought was that since I went to the trouble to dig a trench, I
might as well set it up so I wouldn't be likely to need to dig it
again.

Just a thought.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.