Old 03-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Janice

Default Rusty Hollyhocks

The other thing I've noticed that anywhere there are hollyhocks, there
are weevils which is why I've never planted them. I like them, but I
don't like weevils and I don't spray bugs. So, I just don't plant
particular problem plants like those and roses because they seem to be
particularly tasty to aphids. Plus, if it has thorns, it has to bear
fruit. I realize some roses have nice big hips, but so far I've not
had any particular desire for rosehips ;-) I know my dad used to make
rosehip tea, but I don't like tea. Tastes like stump water to me ;-)

Janice

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:00:29 -0500, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On 3 Mar 2004 02:10:40 -0800, (Fleemo)
wrote:

Strolling through my garden today, I discovered that my young
hollyhocks *already* have signs of rust. I had to battle rust last
year in this spot. What can I do to help my hollyhocks?

-Fleemo

There was an interesting article on Hollyhocks in our paper
this past Sunday (2/29/04).

It too mentioned "rust" as being a common problem.