Old 03-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Nick Wagg

Default Preventing regrowth of horsetails.

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:39:20 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

(Keith Dancey) wrote in news:c24kno
:

Beware - Sodium Chlorate is a fire hazard.

I have never dared use it.

I have seen it used as a firelighter. It burns quite quickly, but I
wouldn't say it was as scary as all that. It stays put, unlike, say,
petrol, and burns out very quickly.

If you have an old shed that has been creosoted, I'd say that's more of a
fire hazard.

If you add a common household substance you can blow away quite large
buildings.

Nowadays you can only buy sodium chlorate containing a retardant.
Quite safe, even when mixed with C12 H22 O11.
--
Nick Wagg