Old 03-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Frogleg

Default Germination of Anise seeds. (Pimpinella Anisum)

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:16:51 +0000, Pearson Reid
wrote:

I have about 2 ounces of Anise seeds some of which I would like to
grow. My main problem is germination. Initially I treated the seeds in
much the same way I would Parsley as they belong to the same family.
As my attempts so far have been been totally unsuccessful I am now
looking for advice on what modifications to the process I should make
in any future attempt. I would welcome advice from anyone who has
successfully grown Anise from seed in the UK.

My seed-starting book says:
"Sow outdoors after danger of frost has passed, or sow indoors,
maintaining a temperature within the medium of 70F (21C) during
germination which takes 20-28 days. Sow in individula pots, as anise
resents transplanting. Anise seeds are not long-lived, and should not
be stored. Plant in full sun...

--'Parks Success with Seeds'