Old 03-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Sarah

Default seeds

I can't believe that any of you wise wise people have not yet given any key
tips from your lengthy experiances.

In my v.short seed growing career i have found two things i would like to
have been told in the beginning.

a. use a seed compost or similar (light and nutrient free)

b. sow extremely thinly - its such a pain when they all come up and go leggy
in the fight for space and are impossible to separate

I have a seed germinating question: I have managed to get a few seedlings to
the 2nd and 3rd set of leaves stage. When can i put them out in my (unheated
greenhouse) so that they dont have to lean over to the window for light?
The seedlings i have are :- linum, eryngium, malva, verbascum, lemongrass
and nicotiana

sarah