Old 03-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Franz Heymann

Default citrus questions

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from am contains these words:

Based on the explanation offered by Kay, I would think you should use
a pot only slightly larger than the one you use now, and repot into
gradually larger pots over the years, rather than jump straight to a
giant pot. Or is this just a conspiracy to makes us buy more pots? £5
a throw for terracota! Ouch.

Terracotta pots are way dearer than that. The £5-ish was for a plastic
terracotta look-alike. Really, considering the amount of material, and
the cost of tooling, it's not a bad price at all.

(And it's more difficult to break.)

And it actually *is* frost proof.
And I can actually carry an 18" plastic pot around.
There really are some excellent plastic imitations of terracotta pots around
nowadays.

Franz