Old 03-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Preventing regrowth of horsetails.

The message

If I had not stopped doing chemistry c. 1963 at O-level, I am sure that
I could separate the sodium chlorate from the retardant using only
common household chemicals. The result is that gardeners now have to
pay 4 times as much for a substance that is probably far more harmful
to the environment, and terrorists can continue to buy weapons from
the lowest bidder (is the UK number 2 or number 3 in arms sales?)

I used to buy horticultural sodium chlorate (dirty pink, it was) for
1/6d a pound.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/