Old 04-03-2004, 03:01 AM
Mark. Gooley

Default mnemonic

I saw a picture of a rambler rose in a book that I didn't want to
buy. I had no paper to hand, so I thought up a mnemonic for its
name -- something absurd, arguably a tad offensive, that
would stick in my mind.

When I got home, I'd forgotten the name but the mnemonic stuck.
It was a mental picture of a dapper homosexual smoking a
cigarette. A few moments of search on helpmefind, and there it
was: Newport Fairy. (Yeah, yeah, it's a lousy joke.)

Looks like an interesting rambler, though not a repeat-bloomer.
R. wichuriana crossed with Crimson Rambler. Ashdown has it
but have none ready to sell just now.

Mark.