Old 04-03-2004, 03:31 AM
Ray

Default black leaf tip on cymbidium, other than salt buildup

Fed the plant at every watering - in somewhat diluted concentration - then
lush every now and then.

If you've only had it two weeks, I doubt the problem lies is your hands.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Frank" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for pointing it out.

I bought this cymbidium two weeks ago and I gave it the first feed
yesterday using a 30-10-10 acidic plant food. But the media is well
drained, the solution I poured in just flowed out immediately from the
holes. What is the most effecient way to feed for well-drained media?

Thanks a lot,
Tiff

"Ray" wrote in message

First of all, what makes you think the water is soft? At my office, we

have
bottled spring water, and it has a TDS of about 200 ppm all by itself.
Tastes great, but builds up on media pretty well.

Another potential reason for leaf-tip blackening is related to

nutritional
deficiencies. What's your feeding regimen?