Old 04-03-2004, 06:42 AM
Shell

Default A pre-spring ramble............sent the day after I wrote it---

Im in southeast Texas
Geckos also eat roaches. I will be counting the geckos that come out onto
the eaves by the security light over the garage. Usually there are around
18 or so. The babies get in the house sometimes too. We have 2 species of
anole, barking tree frogs, and several kinds of toads. The toads hatch out
in the mud and after several days of rain the grass looks like its alive
with baby toads that are about 1/2 inch long. I need to get something to
get rid of the snails and slugs though, I can live without those and the
snakes.

Shell
"Janice" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:51:16 GMT, "Shell"
wrote:

Speaking of "peepers" I heard the first gecko singing last night And

the
male mockingbirds are looking for girlfriends again, invariably between

12
am and 5 am.

Shell

Singing non-geico geckos? Whatchootalkin'bout Shell? LOL Where are
you? Florida?

I've been trying to get someone's kids to catch a bunch of fence
swifts and skinks and newly changed from tadpole toads and bring them
over here and turn them loose in my yard! The lizards eat bugs, and
the toads eat bugs, and SLUGS!!!! I have tons of little gray slugs
that will take a trip up to the top of a 5' tall dahlia to eat holes
in the petals and then go down again by sunup! That's got to be like
climbing Mt. Everest overnight and having dinner at the top and going
home by morning and being snug in your bed before your daddy catches
you! LOL Ain't Nature grand! Well Nature makes toads to eat those
wayward slugs, and I want 'em!! ;-)

Janice