Old 04-03-2004, 07:23 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default sign of spring

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
news:NcKdnfs-nJO0e9jdRVn-
Monday, I started scooping leaves out of the old leaf pit...I mean pond,
and
I scopped out a frog. He was quite groggy and not at all happy with me for
scooping him up. LOL. I put him back and went back into the house. These
warm days are going to drive me crazy. I want to get out there and work on
the pond, but I know the weather can't be trusted yet. As soon as the VF
melts though, I may clean that out.

I moved all the critters I came across to a kiddy pool behind the house. I
took advantage of the beautiful weather to clean out the smaller pools and
transplant the lilies and a few other things. My VF was cleaned out last
fall and plastic window screen installed. The smaller pump ran all winter
on the big pond, running water through the screen. That's the next
project - cleaning out the VF and adding plants for the summer.

--
Carol...
My website: