Old 04-03-2004, 07:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Help Again Please-You Guys Are Awesome!

I've been using Rid Ich along with salt.
It's probably too late now but will Rid Ich kill the bio filter? What about
salt?

Rich answer the Rid Ich question. Salt, added slowly will not hurt the
filter.

I don't have the test kit or a thermometer yet so I don't know
exactly how much salt is in there or the
temperature.

Will the bio thingys stay alive in the bigger pond that now has no fish?

The bacteria on the filter (bio thingy) is dependent on the fish waste to
feed it, it will be there in a small quantity or even in sleeper mode some
say, but it won't be up to par to handle your fish waste right away, when
you return them to the pond.

This is all really frustrating!

It is really frustrating to those of us who tell people to get the
equipment to monitor their water quality and instead of doing that, get
sucked in by sales clerks, with no professional training, to buy medicines
when they don't even know what they're medicating for, if it will work or
cause more harm.

Please, Judi, if you do nothing else, PLEASE go buy the test kits, run the
tests and report the numbers here. At that time we can REALLY help. If
you're amazed now, you'll be knocked off your feet at that time. )

Minimum test kits to purchased a Ammonia, Nitrite, pH & Kh, and get a
thermometer. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~