Old 04-03-2004, 09:37 AM
D Russell

Default Compost or peat

"Stuart Forbes" wrote in message
I have found a cheap source of sedge peat, but I find it difficult to
believe that this would be nutrient free like the bog peat, though I

haven't
checked online yet

Don't use sedge peat, I've learnt the hard way that carnivorous plants

hate
it. I use Irish moss peat now, and they thrive in it.

I use a 50/50 peat/sand or perlite mix, and its works great for all my
carnivourous plants.

Regards,

Stuart Forbes
Edinburgh, Scotland

Many thanks, that's saved me one expensive mistake. Now my only problem is
find a small supply of Irish Moss Peat. Last time I need this a kindly soul
at a very local GC took pity and game me some of theirs, from a split bag.
However they seem to have changed their policy toward such freebies !!!,
shame.

So do I now go against everything I believe in and buy some Irish Moss peat,
for the first time in years, just to pot up a half dozen small plants ? Plus
you can only buy the stuff in massive bales down here.

Duncan