Old 04-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Frogleg

Default seeds

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:32:32 -0000, "Sarah" wrote:

I can't believe that any of you wise wise people have not yet given any key
tips from your lengthy experiances.

I have a seed germinating question: I have managed to get a few seedlings to
the 2nd and 3rd set of leaves stage. When can i put them out in my (unheated
greenhouse) so that they dont have to lean over to the window for light?
The seedlings i have are :- linum, eryngium, malva, verbascum, lemongrass
and nicotiana

Since your post follows mine, I assume you read that I raised plants
in an unheated greenhouse with a propagator. The propagator provided
necessary heat; the greenhouse sunlight. I used these (US-bought)
trays:

http://tinyurl.com/2vthj

and a couple of very pricey heating mats:

http://tinyurl.com/2fxsl

I'm sure there are similar arrangements in the UK.

And as to your initial point, there is a continual stream of "key
tips" here in urg. You can use the archive like a library by using
Google groups, or by posting a specific question.