Old 04-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Frogleg

Default seeds

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:42:23 +0000, Kae Verens
wrote:

Frogleg wrote:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:40:23 +0000, Kae Verens
wrote:

I am tired of buying seeds from shops.

(Is it possible you could adjust your newsreader

sorry about that - I use so many different computers for my work, I'm
never certain of the settings. This one is set to 72, which I think is
the average. I'll check others as I use them.

Lookin' good.

much seed-saving is dependent on
growing 'open pollinated' or 'heritage' varieties, Many veg are
hybrids which will not breed true. That is, you won't get the same
variety you saved seed from, but some combination of its ancestors.

it all seems a bit complex, but I'm sure understanding will come

This may help a bit, 'though the subject is flowers.

http://www.laeom.com/f1hybridseedproduction.htm

If you really want some details,

http://tinyurl.com/2jecj