Old 04-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Phisherman

Default Weed Feed Time

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:30:16 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
When is the best time to apply weed and feed to the lawn?
In Central Maryland Zone 6
Does the stuff really work?

There isn't a good time to apply weed and feed and the stuff is a highly
inefficient and expensive way to control lawn weed problems. You will get
far better results if you attack the weeds manually or spot weed with a
broadleaf weed herbicide AS NEEDED - not a broadcast application. It is too
early to fertilize now anyway - lawns are still dormant across most of the
country. Depending on your weather conditions, you are looking at late April
to May.

You might want to read the thread "Pesky Lawn Weeds" started last week to
get more info on weed and feed products.

pam - gardengal

Not sure about the lawns in your area, but here in east Tennessee most
people have fescue lawns that go dormant mid summer. I apply
fertilizers fall winter and early spring. The grass (like most
deciduous) trees) feed throughout the winter although the green leaves
don't show it. But, I do agree with weed spot treatment. It takes me
less than an hour to spot-treat an acre of lawn.