Old 05-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Dick Zielinski

Default support for roses

Along this same line...

I started a new flower bed this year at the base of an old cherry
tree. Tree was planted back in the 1960's and is still alive but not
by much. My wife wants me to cut it down but it's the first tree I
planted and maybe it's ugly and there ain't no cherries no more... but
I want to keep it.

So I thought about planting a climbing rose at it's base. Didn't get
much help at the nursery... in fact they kinda stared at me like...
well you know.

So maybe someone here can help me. It needs to climb tall and go along
the branches... bloom all summer... not need to be pruned much...
don't like climbing ladders because I don't bounce to good anymore.

Come to think of it... maybe it don't got to be a rose... I guess
anything that accomplish my goal would be ok.

Dick