Old 05-03-2004, 04:19 AM
madgardener

Default MeanSpirited Group

that's a shame honey. didn't take personal offence at what you said, I
agree with it, but it doesn't run me off. I reply to questions
sometimes....I contribute silly rambles about my own gardens and
occaisonally misunderstand someone, but I still love most of the people here
that I've known on and off for almost 9 years. And I still make new friends
on occaison here. Don't let the snipping get to you. It's still a good
newsgroup and we're pretty decent people.............I'm visiting Garden Web
on occaison now because there's a bit more serious garden talk there,
despite someone's views on it themselves. He's entitled to his opinions.
But I like GW. And I love wreck.gardens. were it not for this newsgroup and
Zhan,grdngal, Ann, V, Pottingshed, John Skeff, Geoff,Tomkanpa, Gloria,
Shell, Marilyn, Iris, Ingrid, Star,IGROWROCKS,Virginia Pendergrass,Spunkie,
Swani,Pen,Alluskanes,Bill, Pat,Beecrofter,Atilla the Pun, Gandy Dancer,
Hawk,Barb Yanus, Beeky, Callen, Carlotta, Caryn,Cheryl, Cindy,David
Wslos,Paghat,Zemedelec,Helen, Katie, LeeAnne,Leona, Marsha, Mary Ellen
Magoc,Nancy, Toadses and Tyra and gods knows how many more garden friends
who've visited over the back fence, I'd not gotten the courage to write what
I write. Inspired or just rambling or needing to talk to someone about my
passion, my problems, my life and listening to theirs as well. Victoria
celebrating being well....Hawk losing his sweet lady, Tom's bad jokes, Gandy
Dancers awesome jokes and Atilla the Pun's sharp wit. Even Cereoid's dry wit
is neat sometimes, it just has it's moment. I hope you aren't giving up on
all of us honey. Lurk if you need to, but this group isn't as mean spirited
as you think it is. It's just a few..........
madgardener up on the ridge, back in fairy holler, overlooking English
Mountian in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36
wrote in message

You know, I've been back and forth with this group over the years;
usually lurking, occasionally posting an answer if I have one to
give.

But this year I see the group has become pretty meanspirited.
Everyone directs inquirers to other sources, never giving their
experience, thoughts or whatever, and now including a few snipes like
read the label, look it up, do it yourself, etc. etc. etc.

This sure isn't the group it used to be.

What happened to the friendly people that used to be here? Have they
been driven away?

Yes, I'm out of here.
KS