Old 05-03-2004, 04:34 AM
joe

Default Skimmers?

Ditto on the skimmer!

Joe

On 3/4/04 4:35 PM, "RichToyBox" wrote:

Personally, I think a skimmer is an absolute must. It catches the debris
while it is floating, keeping it from falling to the bottom of the pond.
The earlier leaves, dust, grass clippings, etc. are caught, the less the
filter has to do to break them down. As for the use of the Bio Falls, it
can be used as a veggie filter, but it is really to small to support very
many fish. Use a line and build another pond of at least 10% of the surface
area of the pond, and 20 or 50% is not unreasonable for the veggie filter.
It will save you some money also.
--
RichToyBox

"KRF" wrote in message
Hi everybody, researching equipment for the pond I'm building. The guy
at the pond store says I need a skimmer. Is that true? Been reading
about the veggie filter online and think thats the route I'm going. Can
I make a veggie filter out of a Bio falls waterfall? One thing I've
learned through many years of aquarium keeping, the people at the stores
are there for the sales. The groups I frequent for advice however speek
from experience. Once again, any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks