Old 23-01-2003, 04:07 PM
John

Default pressure treated wood for training boxes?

I have actually used pressure treated wood for training boxes and it
works just fine. I was hesitant myself, so I tested my theory with a
stock plant planted in a pressure treated grow box and a comperable
stock plant in a untreated grow box. There was no difference in
growth.

John
www.tokonameware.com
"Largest selection of tokoname pottery in the U.S.!"

(Tom Buchanan) wrote in message . com...
"Luke Tulkas" wrote in message ...

Oops! Very not good! So, Tom, what sort of "building project" was it? Not
for living things?

Also a deck, actually - but I'm not too worried about it, as this
stuff is sold specifically for use as decking (planed & sanded smooth,
so little danger of splinters) and sold by all the big DIY stores here
in the UK. Starting to sound like it might not be the best choice for
training boxes though, just from the point of view of caution...

WRT to eating bonsai - you mean I can't eat that crop of crab apples
I'm working on?

Tom