Old 05-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Keith Dancey

Default Preventing regrowth of horsetails.

In article , Jane Ransom writes:
In article , Keith Dancey
writes

Has anyone any experience of
using sodium chlorate against horsetail? It would help if we could get
some "hands-on" feedback... I have never dared use it.

No, but a few years back someone posted here that he had eradicated his
by continually cutting it back over a period of about 5 years. He was
pretty vicious with it, never letting the foliage see the light of day.

Hmmmm... been cutting mine for over ten years. The thing is, you cannot
cut what you cannot see, and if you cannot see it, it cannot have seen the
light of day.

Judging from the other comments, the patio is more in danger than the
horsetail:-(

Has the OP ever thought of moving:-}

Cheers,

keith, author of How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Started to Love Horsetail

---
Iraq: 5 thousand million pounds, 60 lives, and counting...
The Politicians will now seek to blame the Spooks.