Old 05-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default sick apple tree

The message
from Emery Davis contains these words:

Thanks Kay, Janet, Rusty for the advice. I'll probably go with the
"really big
hole" approach, as I've never seen Armatillox here, and indeed it appears
to be being withdrawn for sale in the EU (at least temporarily) anyway.

Still obtainable, but it can't be advertised as a fungus killer as it
costs too much to test it to comply with EC rules....

Look at soaps, etc.

Rusty, what exactly is a "bracket infection", if you please? Perhaps
my poor
command of english, but as I am american maybe you'll forgive me that
much!

Infection of bracket fungus. (I did say 'bracket fungus infection') Most
bracket fungi live on dead or dying wood. If you have fungi growing on
the wood, at least that part of the tree is on the way out, or already
gone.

Some (like silver leaf) infect the roots once they have got that far
into the system, and can attack nearby trees if their roots touch. This
is why I suggested lots of Armatillox, and Kay advised on a big hole
filled with fresh soil.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/