Old 05-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Emery Davis

Default sick apple tree

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:11:24 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades said:
[snip]
] Infection of bracket fungus. (I did say 'bracket fungus infection') Most
] bracket fungi live on dead or dying wood. If you have fungi growing on
] the wood, at least that part of the tree is on the way out, or already
] gone.
]
] Some (like silver leaf) infect the roots once they have got that far
] into the system, and can attack nearby trees if their roots touch. This
] is why I suggested lots of Armatillox, and Kay advised on a big hole
] filled with fresh soil.
]
OK, thanks for the clarification. Indeed you did use the "fungus" word.

If these 'shrooms were growing directly out of wood, it was below ground.

Thanks again, I think (as my daughter would say) it's an "ex-tree."

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to