Old 05-03-2004, 03:39 PM
R M. Watkin

Default seeds

Hi All,
there is a book called [ the royal horticultural society , propagating
plants ] a Dorling Kindersley book, www.dk.com isbn 0 7513 0365 8. this is
a very good book it will tell you all you need to know about saving seeds
and much more. I hope tis is of some use to you.

Richard M. Watkin.

"Kae Verens" wrote in message
I am tired of buying seeds from shops. My main goal with gardening was to

get away from the evil that is "money", yet all gardening projects seem to
begin with buying seeds and bulbs.

I have managed to grow potatos and garlics from previous years' crops, and

would like to continue this trend with other species. I will be trying some
courgette seeds I saved from a marrow last year, but am interested in other
plants, like onions, carrots, etc.

The problem? Most books give absolutely no information about this. Onions,

for example - I have found very good advice on growing them from seed to
edible vegetable, but nothing beyond that.

In fact, most books I have seem to think that a vegetable is useless once

it has gone "to seed" (which is never exlpained).

So - My question is: how (and when, and how much, etc) do I save the seeds

from one year to the next of the major species?

Kae