Old 05-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default citrus questions

The message
from contains these words:

Hi. I was the OP. I do not think they were grafted anymore because
there is not a bulge like there is on say, an apple tree, which
grafted. Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to this, what is budding?

A slit is cut in the bark of the host stock. Sometimes this is a
straight cut, other times a 'T'.

A bud is removed from a tree of the desired variety, still attached to a
small piece of bark.

The sliver/square/ellipse of bark is slipped beneath the bark slit, and
the wound bound up with waxed cord or with tape.

The bud grows into a twig and the wood above the budding is removed.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/