Old 05-03-2004, 08:02 PM

Default I am New.

Hello Tiffany...

I too am military..(or was, we are retired now)...We lived in VA at the time
and every year they'll give out flower vouchers in the sping for you to get
plants. With those you could make a small flower bed using some of the rocks
as a border.(they never give enough flowers to do a whole lot of planting
with)
You might even want to use more rocks to make a rock garden..(no mowing).
As far as your backyard, you just have to keep watering till the grass takes
hold so to speak.

Good luck living in base housing...

"Tiffany Bastian" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,
I am new and from Connecticut, We just moved here a month ago. Into a new
home we have no lawn or anything because the house was just renovated. We
have some seriou seeding to do soon, we are trying ot figure out where we
will garden etc... it is a lot of fun, we have such a large blank canvas. I
am curious what you all know about lawns too, We have a some what rocky
construction site are for a front yard. I know we need to get most the rocks
out before we seed but any other good ideas? Also, we are trying to figure
out what plants grow good in this climate since we just moved here.
Thanks for all your help!
Tiffany B

---