Old 05-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Nate

Default MeanSpirited Group

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:16:41 +0000, escapee wrote:

This newsgroup servers no purpose. I've been here for years and it
has and continues to downgrade. There is no use for this group, nor
it's infested list of unhappy, miserable, snobby, whining and as you
put it mean-spirited people. They have no respect for others, and
little respect for themselves. I strictly read it for amusement now,
when I can find the time to drop by, and need a laugh.

Janet

Welcome to the Internet!
Folks say online what they would never say to the closest of friends or
enemies. When we communicate the spoken word with one another, there are
underlying rules. In cyberspace there are no rules.

Part of the problem lies in the fact we look at monitors and forget that
we are also dealing with someone on the other end who is not a monitor.

I read somewhere once, computers are power for the powerless and brains
for the brainless. The more we go forward, the more we seem to step back.

The way to change is to ignore the disrespectful and be respectful
yourself.

Don't take anything personally. It's a waste of energy to do fret over
posters apparent intent.