Old 06-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Nate

Default Turning fish into fertilizer

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:10:07 -0700, tmtresh wrote:

I actually find your question amusing. Not because it's a funny question,
but because it brings back memories. About twenty years ago, my older
brother (who was in his early twenties at the time) got this idea. He took
his little toyota pickup truck to the local reservoir, and proceeded to fill
it up with carp. He brought them home, and borrowing a neighbor's
chipper/shredder, proceeded to chip them directly into the garden. It made
quite a mess, and he was constantly rinsing the shredder off to keep it from
gumming up. He then tilled it into the garden. We had to watch out for bones
as we weeded for the next couple of years.

A scene right out of the movie "Fargo" except sans jardin.