Old 23-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Derek Zieminski

Default [IBC] more winter concerns

Well, I came home from work last night late as usually. I had been following
the weather for a few days now. So when I got home I gave a final check on
the tropicals in the garage, making sure the temp was ok and there were no
drifts coming in. Finally settled down to sleep dream of just a flake of
snow here in Summerville, SC and all the havoc it would cause. Quite
hilarious to be a northerner living in the South. But anyway when I woke
there was nothing just bitter cold. As a matter of fact made record time to
class today. After my first class it finally came, looked worse coming down
than actually accumulated. But nevertheless when I got home from my morning
classes I found out all the area schools had been canceled, what a joke with
nothing to show for it. But nonetheless my law class is canceled too so no
complaints here. Were expected to hit lows tonight in the teens and wind
chills in the single digits which is the coldest in over a decade. My
thoughts will be with thoses dealing with real messes further north.
Especially Im feeling for those of you in Florida who rarely have to make the
trips taking plants in and out, as I hear Miami is expected to be in the 30's
tonight.
Derek Zieminski
Summerville, SC
Zone 8A