Old 06-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Chris Boulby

Default Clematis Avalanche

In message , Pam Moore
writes
On 4 Mar 2004 11:35:17 -0800, (chris) wrote:

Recently, I have noticed a 'new' clematis named 'Avalanche'. According
to the name tag, it is hardy down to -8 degrees.

I bought clematis 'avalanche' after Alan T sang its praises on
Gardeners' World. I have had mine through 3 winters now and I
noticed buds on it today.
It has been in a pot all this time against a fence, getting little
sun, but it is still alive!

Pam in Bristol

Ditto mine in Northumberland. Last year I kept it in the porch, but
after seeing one last summer that was rampant in Settle, N. Yorks, over
an arch planted outside I left mine outdoors this year. Its in a pot
but is subject to north winds and all the snow we've had here this last
week (over 6inches) and it still looks very perky. Loads of buds on it.
--
Chris Boulby National Collection of Diascias